We are a professional theatre company based at Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff who tour small scale theatre throughout the UK and Europe.
What makes us different is that our casts always include actors who have learning disabilities. The ability of these effortlessly talented performers is at the heart of every show we produce, creating work that is utterly absorbing, surprising and provocative.
We call it inclusive theatre because it makes much of the skills and raw talent of people who often get overlooked in today’s world and gives them a platform to make and perform stunning theatre alongside actors who don’t have disabilities.
Training actors with learning disabilities to perform at a professional level is also at the heart of our mission. For this reason, we have established Hijinx Academies, the only professional performance training in Wales for actors with learning disabilities.
To pioneer, produce and promote stunning inclusive theatre – locally, nationally and internationally.
- A nation which acknowledges that Learning Disabled people have the right to equality of opportunity and a rich cultural life.
- A society where people with disabilities are admired for their capabilities rather than tolerated for their inabilities.
- A world where it is commonplace to see and hear actors with learning disabilities on our stages, screens and over our airways.
- To PIONEER the training of learning disabled people to enable them to become professional performers.
- To PRODUCE great inclusive theatre that is both high in quality and high in impact, in which actors with and without disabilities work as equals.
- To PROMOTE the work of learning disabled performers and inclusive practice and to change society’s perception of disability.