47 Nominated for a Ffresh Award

Last year, Hijinx Academy students Kirsty Rosser and Andrew Tadd, along with Academy tutor Clare Parry-Jones, took part in a student film entitled 47. The zombie apocalypse has arrived and only those with 47 chromosomes - Down's Syndrome - are immune. But can they survive the hidden dangers in a zombie infested world?

We are delighted that 47 has been shortlisted in the international awards category of the Ffresh Festival - the student media festival of Wales. As part of the festival, there will be a screening of 47 at Porter's, Cardiff on Sunday 11th May at 3pm and tickets are available via the Ffresh website. The award ceremony will be on Monday 12th May and we wish everyone involved with 47 the very best of luck.

Visit our gallery of still images taken from the film.

47

Photograph by A Wacked Witch Production 

Latest News
Mission Control lands at Wales’ most iconic landmark

Tickets are now on sale for National Theatre Wales and Hijinx Unity Festival’s Mission Control - a brand-new production to be staged in the heart of the Welsh capital, at one of Wales’ greatest landmarks, the Principality Stadium.

read more
Hijinx announces new CEO

Cardiff-based inclusive theatre company Hijinx has announced its new CEO today. From October Sarah Horner, currently Head of Marketing and Communications for BBC National Orchestra of Wales, will take the helm at Hijinx.

read more
Multi-award winning show ‘Meet Fred’ returns to Cardiff

A rare chance to see Hijinx’s five star ‘Meet Fred’ in the UK, 26 - 28 Sept 2019.

read more