47 Nominated for a Ffresh Award

Last year, Hijinx Academy students Kirsty Rosser and Andrew Tadd, along with Academy tutor Clare Parry-Jones, took part in a student film entitled 47. The zombie apocalypse has arrived and only those with 47 chromosomes - Down's Syndrome - are immune. But can they survive the hidden dangers in a zombie infested world?

We are delighted that 47 has been shortlisted in the international awards category of the Ffresh Festival - the student media festival of Wales. As part of the festival, there will be a screening of 47 at Porter's, Cardiff on Sunday 11th May at 3pm and tickets are available via the Ffresh website. The award ceremony will be on Monday 12th May and we wish everyone involved with 47 the very best of luck.

Visit our gallery of still images taken from the film.

47

Photograph by A Wacked Witch Production 

Latest News
Hijinx Presents Its First Online Festival

Today, we're launching Hijinx Online/ Ar-lein [24 April – 22 May] – a free festival of theatre and film to entertain those who are self-isolating due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.

read more
A Message from Hijinx...

Having closed our activity last Monday evening, we’ve spent the last few days coming to terms with not seeing our fantastic Hijinx actors, participants and team of both freelance and core staff every week. It’s quite a change, but the right one to keep everyone safe and healthy.

read more
UPDATE: Covid-19

The health, safety and well-being of our staff and participants is always our number one priority and in response to the updated guidance from government, we have taken the decision to close activities until further notice.

read more